draft and calling and texting different teams to gauge

elvafeng

Kentucky added to its recent draft dominance as three more Wildcats had their names called at the 2019 NBA Draft.

PJ Washington No. 12, Charlotte Hornets , Tyler Herro No. 13, Miami Heat and Keldon Johnson No. 29, San Antonio Spurs were each selected in the first round of the draft at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn Thursday night.

In 10 seasons with Calipari at the helm, Kentucky has churned out three No. 1 selections, 29 first rounders, 21 lottery picks and 38 total players in the NBA Draft. The 38 draft picks are 14 more than the next https://www.kentuckywildcatscenter.com/malik-monk-jersey-c-5.html closest school Duke . With another surge of first round picks, Kentucky has more first round selections 39 than any other school in the NBA lottery era since 1985 .

Graduate transfer Reid Travis, UK’s fourth draft eligible player, went undrafted. He is likely to have an opportunity to sign a free agent deal.

I m so proud of all of our guys, Calipari said. Graduation night is always special for our program because the lives of several families just changed. To see the dreams of not only our kids but their families come true is truly a special moment for all of us.

I m really happy for PJ and Tyler. There were teams that were hoping that they would go past 12 and 13 that really wanted them. https://www.kentuckywildcatscenter.com/mychal-mulder-jersey-c-7.html They were so excited to go back to back. I heard PJ got up from an interview to applaud Tyler. I m happy where they are and the kind of teams and coaches they will play for.

It s amazing how this draft works. If you don t work out for three or four teams and you end up falling to those teams in a row, you end up unfortunately sliding by them. I ve seen it happen with other players but never with one of ours. But here s the thing with Keldon He gets to play for a Hall of Fame coach in Gregg Popovich in one of the best organizations that develops young people. I ve been wrong before – I think it was 1978 – but I believe Keldon will over deliver more than any other player in the draft at his position. The Spurs got a gem, but Keldon drawing them is like hitting the lottery.

I m disappointed for Reid but I know he s going to end up in a good spot. I was on the phone during the draft and calling and texting different teams to gauge interest because in my mind he can help any team in the NBA, especially young teams. With his talent and professionalism and the fact that he s become the best version of himself as a player, I just want him to get an opportunity because I would fully expect him to take advantage of it.

The Wildcats have had more top 10 picks, more lottery selections and more first round picks in the Calipari era than any other team in the country. For the fifth time in 10 seasons under Calipari, UK has churned out at least three first round selections. The Wildcats had five in the opening round in 2010 John Wall Hamidou Diallo Jersey, DeMarcus Cousins, Patrick Patterson, Eric Bledsoe, Daniel Orton , four in 2012 Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd Gilchrist, Terrence Jones, Marquis Teague and in 2015 Karl Anthony Towns, Willie Cauley Stein, Trey Lyles, Devin Booker and three in 2017 De Aaron Fox, Malik Monk , Bam Adebayo and in 2019 Washington, Herro, Johnson .

Kentucky has had 129 players drafted 131 times in its illustrious history with 53 players selected in the opening round.

It is the 10th consecutive NBA Draft that Kentucky was represented by multiple players in the first round of the draft. UK is the only program since the draft went to two rounds in 1989 to have multiple players selected in the first round in 10 straight years. Calipari is the only coach to have multiple players selected in 12 consecutive NBA Drafts, dating back to his time at Memphis. UK has had multiple lottery selections in seven of 10 drafts under Calipari and has featured a player in the lottery in all 10 drafts under Calipari, which no other school can claim.

The Wildcats’ three total picks tied Duke, North Carolina https://www.kentuckywildcatscenter.com/jonny-david-jersey-c-6.html, Tennessee and Virginia for the most selections in the 2019 NBA Draft.